Jeremy Hopwood

Jeremy Hopwood

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shoe Sponsor for 2009


This has been on the cards for about a few weeks but thanks to the awesome guys at Forerunners I now have a shoe sponsor for 2009 in Newton. This is great especially as I switched to Newtons of my own accord in September and have been really happy with them and the technology.

For those that have not heard of newtons they promote mid foot/forefoot running. Having focused on this during 2008 in order to improve my form and reduce my impact and use of quads running of the bike I have found the newtons have really complemented my running style and provided some additional cushioning and spring on my mid foot. This has definitely resulted in my recovery speeding up between runs and contributed to me dropping my 10km time 1min 49 sec's to 34:51 between Oct 08 and Jan 09.

About Forerunners - Forerunners are an awesome store located in Vancouver, BC. They put on running clinics that focus on a variety of different workouts and I have learned a lot about training based on these. They also have a super staff who comprise of 2:10, 2:11 and 2:17 marathoners among others all of which are very knowledgeable about running as a sport and a activity. In addition to this they also support local running in Vancouver and sponsor the Pacific Spirit Tri Club.

So if you are looking at a change of shoe would encourage you to look at Newtons as an option and see if they are an option. For you and for those based in BC drop in or email Forerunners the next time you are looking for anything run related. If you are looking for something different in your workout I would also recommend dropping in for one of their Wednesday night workouts.




No comments:

Post a Comment