Jeremy Hopwood

Jeremy Hopwood

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vancouver Half Iron - Home Turf - Time to Rock It

Quick race Preview

Key Focus for this race
Focus. I am feeling quite pumped for this race and really want to bring my A Game to this race. If I focus on the process and my work rate life should be good.

Swim (1.9km) - Target is 36 Min
Theme is redemption - The swim is two loops and I am going to look at it as 2 x 950m sets with a a short sand run in between.

Bike (91km) - Target is 2 hours 36 Min (Avg Speed 35km/h)
Going to attack this hard, look to spin up Spanish banks a try and keep the Heart Rate just under the redline.

Run (20.5km) - Target is 1 hour 20 minutes (Avg Speed 3:54 per/km)
Time to execute a damn fast run in one of these races. This is were I run all the time and I know the course back to front. Will be going out hard and trying to hold the pace in the second 10km. Hope to average around 3:50 per km for the first 10km and make up ground on as many people as possible

A, B and C Goals

This is not a fast bike course so my goals need some adjustment compared to Victoria. As a result my goals are as follows

A Goal is sub 4:30
B Goal is sub 4:35
C Goal is Sub 4:40

Home Turf Baby
Go hard or go home. Home is only 2 km away so feel like I know this course backwards. Hoping it gets damn hot out there as that would be a good rehearsal for IMC. Time to finish packing then get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment