In the recovery start to build back up process have had a range of great days or bad days, not really many in between. Have been a bit grumpy after the bad days but in the end it is all part of the process.
So wanted to "analyze" this to get my head in a good place so I can execute well. Here is what I came up with;
- I went deep at IMCDA. Didn't really realize this until now 5 weeks on but pushed myself really hard on race day. This is good to know that I have the ability to suffer, however it does take the body some time to recover.
- Have to be selfish - in terms of recovery etc, the next 9 weeks need to be defined about making the right decisions day in day out.
- Luck to pursue this dream - so need to live it and enjoy it even on the bad days
- I know some awesome people who put up with me even after bad workouts!!!
- I am fit - even still being in a recovery mode physically the sessions which I execute well are going fantastic.
- You have to want to hurt and earn it - willing to do this but this got reinforced in my head over the past weekend.
So this post was just a general brain dump, first time looking to race to IM's in one year so it is a learning experience but looking forward to getting to suffer again. The more I suffer in training the easy it will be to go to that well on race day.