Jeremy Hopwood

Jeremy Hopwood

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Would You Recognize a Good Day if They All Were

So are home, a place I don't always get to see a lot of!!!. Anyway, after two days in Penticton training have come to a realization that bad days are in some regards a good thing. As without the days that you struggle you don't learn to appreciate the good days.

In the recovery start to build back up process have had a range of great days or bad days, not really many in between. Have been a bit grumpy after the bad days but in the end it is all part of the process.

So wanted to "analyze" this to get my head in a good place so I can execute well. Here is what I came up with;

  • I went deep at IMCDA. Didn't really realize this until now 5 weeks on but pushed myself really hard on race day. This is good to know that I have the ability to suffer, however it does take the body some time to recover.
  • Have to be selfish - in terms of recovery etc, the next 9 weeks need to be defined about making the right decisions day in day out.
  • Luck to pursue this dream - so need to live it and enjoy it even on the bad days
  • I know some awesome people who put up with me even after bad workouts!!!
  • I am fit - even still being in a recovery mode physically the sessions which I execute well are going fantastic.
  • You have to want to hurt and earn it - willing to do this but this got reinforced in my head over the past weekend.
So this post was just a general brain dump, first time looking to race to IM's in one year so it is a learning experience but looking forward to getting to suffer again. The more I suffer in training the easy it will be to go to that well on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment