Jeremy Hopwood

Jeremy Hopwood

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Learning To Hurt Again

I think sometimes you remember back on on past training blocks with a feeling that everything felt easy - others may not but I am definitely guilty of this.

This can make training especially when aspects are not where you would like very frustrating and de motivating.

For myself this coupled with the fact that I often have quite a few training sessions where I feel pretty average - I think it varies by the person but I often feel like I am working harder in training than I do when I race. I am not sure why that is but especially when it comes to long runs I tend to feel pretty average.

Why this is I do not really know - part of it could come down to fatigue but to be honest have tried mixing a few things up and still tends to be a theme. Sometimes the long runs I have in high mileage weeks are the best ones I have.

Intervals are anther good example of this conundrum - I am not sure if the brain is just good at forgetting the pain intervals produce when you do them properly or if I just suck at the moment but yikes do they feel like hard work.

So am thinking this is a bit if a mental thing at the moment along with a need to embrace the suffering I training. In the past couple years haven't pushed the limit that much and think with mental fatigue associated with other aspects of life (wrk, negotiating with toddlers) have become a bit soft in terms of pushing the limit and working hard at times.

No real story or conclusion to this post more than that just need to embrace the suffering a bit more and start to push the limit in the harder sessions a little more and look at "sucking" as a good thing. As always need to keep the easy stuff easy and not get stressed by the sub par days.

Well that concludes my time on the "blog couch"

No comments:

Post a Comment